47 years
This month, Dale and I will have been married 47 years.
God's mercy and grace!
I have no regrets that I haven't had a "career".
I have no regrets that we kept our kids out of public school.
Mistakes made? Yes. Some things I would like to go back and fix or do differently, but many things I would never change.
I want to hear the Lord call me a "good and faithful servant."
Though as a stay at home wife and mom, I may be looked on as not really accomplishing much, but I have peace about my life, and the rest of my years, I want to honor the Lord.
We are called upon to lead a life of service. I do love to try to serve the Lord and my husband and family.
I want my husband's heart to "safely trust...so that he shall have no need of spoil" (Prov 31:11)...to honor him..to strive to meet his every need...emotionally, physically...to always be his best friend...to be the one he can always count on.
I want to "do him good and not evil all the days of 'my' life"
(Prov 31:12)
Sometimes I feel lazy, but I want to be this lady..."her candle goeth not out by night" (Prov 31:18) to be busy...to take care of my home...to prepare meals (this list can go on and on) I don't WANT to "eat the bread of idleness" Prov 31:27
I also want my kids and grandkids to always feel they can count on me. I want them to call me "blessed...and my husband to praise me" (Prov 31:28) That's a lot for me to live up to...it's a constant work.
So, as I reflect on the past 47 years, I see my failures, but I also am overwhelmed at the goodness...the mercy...the grace...the forgiveness...and the abundant blessings of the Lord.
As striving to be that "Proverbs lady", or the "Titus" lady who is to be "discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the work of God be not blasphemed", I want to hear those words "well done".
Because no matter the worlds standards, this is how I can most please and honor the Lord.
It's not about me...me...me..
It's all about the Lord...and others.
It's true. J..O..Y
Jesus, Others, You.
THIS...is true happiness. And I'm happy.
THIS...is true happiness. And I'm happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment