(I have been thinking on some things since Pastor's Wednesday Night msg. I will use a couple of his quotes in this post)
Life is not always easy...sometimes very hard and overwhelming.
As my precious Momma recently passed, I thought I was ready. Our family had been watching...waiting for a few years. NOT that we wanted her to "go", but that we wanted relief for her. It was hard seeing her confusion...being trapped in a body that no longer functioned for her like it once did.
But as we sat with her day and night those last 5 days...I was not ready. NOT ready to lose MY Momma. I found I was not as "big and brave" as I thought. BUT for each hour...each day and night...the funeral...the burial...I did find the Lord was with me...with us for each step.
Life is not always easy...sometimes very hard and overwhelming.
We are undeserving of any and all of the Lord's blessings, but don't you just love when He hands down, as to Ruth, those "handfuls of purpose"? We are blessed beyond measure, but daily..hourly, we find something to complain about.
"Complaining is to complain about the very thing that God has allowed"-Pastor
We can know we are in His perfect will, but yet complain because it's too hard.
We can say we are thankful that God answers prayer. BUT do we just say it or believe it when He says "YES"? We know He always works for our good, so can we be just as thankful when He says..."wait", because He might just still be working on us...preparing us...having another plan? Or when He says "no" for the same reasons? O me!
It's all or nothing. If we believe one promise in the Bible, we surely must believe them all!
My faith is small sometimes...my prayer life needs improving. I'm still learning...
Life is not always easy...sometimes very hard and overwhelming.
His peace...His grace...His joy...His blessings...His comfort are ours for the taking. I am claiming them...day by day...hour by hour. I want to be used of Him...to be a blessing to ALL around me.
"Our demeanor effects those around us."-Pastor
"A thankful heart is a happy, praising heart."-Pastor
(I hope these few random, scattered thoughts of mine will be a help to someone)
Thanks for this post. I remember Bro. Buster Seaton saying years ago when life is overwhelming start thanking God for things and your mood will automatically change. We can thank ourselves happy :) love you Mom
ReplyDelete