His Name At The Top
I had the nicest Christmas list
The longest one in town
Till daddy looked at it and said
You'll have to cut it down.
I knew that what he said was true
Beyond the faintest doubt
But was amazed to hear him say
You've left your best Friend out.
And so I scanned my list again
And said, O that's not true
But daddy said, His name's not there
That Friend Who died for you.
And then I clearly understood
Twas Jesus that he meant
To Him Who should come first of all
I hadn't planned a cent.
I'd made a Christmas birthday list
And left the Savior out
But, O, it didn't take me long
To change that list about.
And tho I've had to drop some names
Of folks I like a lot
My Lord must have the most
Because His name is at the top.
(anonymous)
Beyond the faintest doubt
But was amazed to hear him say
You've left your best Friend out.
And so I scanned my list again
And said, O that's not true
But daddy said, His name's not there
That Friend Who died for you.
And then I clearly understood
Twas Jesus that he meant
To Him Who should come first of all
I hadn't planned a cent.
I'd made a Christmas birthday list
And left the Savior out
But, O, it didn't take me long
To change that list about.
And tho I've had to drop some names
Of folks I like a lot
My Lord must have the most
Because His name is at the top.
(anonymous)
No comments:
Post a Comment