Monday, July 28, 2014

Precious Mom

My mom has been in a nursing home for over a year now...before that, assisted living for more than a year also. She suffers from alzheimers/dementia, a very ugly disease.

While in assisted living last year, she had a bad fall and broke her neck (no spine damage), but since that time she has been unable to do anything physically, and her alzheimers has escalated.

She hasn't a clue where she is until I remind her. She may ask if daddy is at work...he passed away years ago. And these are just a couple of examples of our conversations of which I enjoy so very much as I value the time we have left together.

I was blessed today as I was about to leave. I said, "Mom are you ok...do you need anything?" She said, "No, I just want to look at your face."

She's always been a loving mom... always putting her family's needs above her own...always loving.

I'm so thankful for her.

Cherishing the moments.

1 comment: