Old Paths
Jeremiah 6:16 says, " Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."
We heard some good preaching at our church this week by Brother Billy Mitchell, a man who has been saved for 55 years. I don't remember the first time I heard him, but his preaching hasn't changed at all. By that I mean, he has stayed with the "old paths", simply just preaching the true Word of God without apology.
In this day, all around, many are leaving the TRUTH of God's Word for a "new and better way".
I once heard a preacher say, "There's danger in drifting".
And another say, "When you stray from the King James Version and go to other versions, your standards drop. Many things can happen."
May the Lord help us to "stay with the old paths", and not "drift" from the Lord or His Word.
I'm so thankful for truth, and for men who have stayed with it, even though many times are criticized and ridiculed. Many are made fun of for standards and convictions.
But there's joy and peace in trying to live for God, for staying true to His Word.
I'm not ashamed.
I fail, but I love Him....for Who He is, for all He has done for me and my family.
Do we want "rest for our souls" as the verse says? Then we must stay with God's Word, walk in His ways. Desire Him.
I hope these words have been a blessing and a help. That's the intent.
Jeremiah 6:16 says, " Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein."
We heard some good preaching at our church this week by Brother Billy Mitchell, a man who has been saved for 55 years. I don't remember the first time I heard him, but his preaching hasn't changed at all. By that I mean, he has stayed with the "old paths", simply just preaching the true Word of God without apology.
In this day, all around, many are leaving the TRUTH of God's Word for a "new and better way".
I once heard a preacher say, "There's danger in drifting".
And another say, "When you stray from the King James Version and go to other versions, your standards drop. Many things can happen."
May the Lord help us to "stay with the old paths", and not "drift" from the Lord or His Word.
I'm so thankful for truth, and for men who have stayed with it, even though many times are criticized and ridiculed. Many are made fun of for standards and convictions.
But there's joy and peace in trying to live for God, for staying true to His Word.
I'm not ashamed.
I fail, but I love Him....for Who He is, for all He has done for me and my family.
Do we want "rest for our souls" as the verse says? Then we must stay with God's Word, walk in His ways. Desire Him.
I hope these words have been a blessing and a help. That's the intent.
No comments:
Post a Comment