Monday, January 3, 2011

Not Resolutions

As everyone else, this time of year causes me to reflect on the past year, and changes I want to make for this new year. I look back on many blessings I have been given, but also I sadly recall times I have failed.

So, I share with you some of the desires of my heart.

I would like to honor God more with my life. Better prayer life, more reading of His Word.

When people look at me....see my life....I would like there to be no doubt that I'm a Christian....that I love God. I want the way I look, the words I say, the life I live to honor God.

I want to be the best wife...the best helpmeet that God wants me to be...what my husband needs and wants me to be. I'm so thankful for the marriage...the relationship....the friendship I share with my husband, but I have room for improvement.

I want to be all my kids need me to be. Though they're not in my house any more, they still need mommy sometimes:) and I never want to fail them. I want to be the best mother-in-law anyone ever had. And for my grandsons...the best Mimi ever!

I want to be a better daughter to a mom who may not have many years left...and a better sister.

Being part of the greatest church ever, I want to be a better member....to remember to pray for my Pastor and church family...to bear their burdens...to be a help and strength and example.

New Year's resolutions? I'm fine with the term, but these are just things I try to pray for every day anyway.

And one more thing....I intend not to buy a bigger size clothes:)


2 comments: