FROM ANGER TO LAUGHTER
We have 2 horses.
We have a fence in much need of repair.
You do the math:)
This morning before Dale left for work, he said the horses didn't come to eat. He feeds them some sweet feed every morning in the barn. They're usually standing, waiting, with a few whinnies as he goes out the door. Not today.
I was quite aggravated at them....calling them stupid....wishing we would sell them, or GIVE them away. And it was really all because it was cold out and I just didn't want to go get them. Dale had to leave for work, so didn't have time to find them and get them back home.
So as daylight came I was going from window to window to see if I could see them. They always stay close to home...we've never worried that they would really run away. There they were, all the way on top of the hill....out of the fence.
But before I went out, I decided to go ahead a read my Bible and pray.
After my Bible reading, I read from a devotional book by Glorianne Gibbs, a Christmas gift. The first part of Psalm 46:10 says "Be still, and know that I am God". She said God is in total control of all of our circumstances. He knows exactly what is best for us, even if we do not understand why certain events are occurring.
I know this seems silly....having to round up the horses is not a serious matter, but the words I read helped me. I had to LAUGH at my circumstance....my silliness and my attitude. The Lord calmed me and took away my anger about it.
So, as I threw a rope around the neck of one and the other followed, I prayed all the way to the gate.....that I wouldn't get stepped on or knocked down. And you know what? The Lord took care of me! He helped me get them back without a problem. I then walked the fence and sorta "patched" it until Dale has time to REALLY repair it.
As I said, this wasn't a SERIOUS "circumstance", and now I see that my attitude was selfish and silly, but when the Lord allows things into our lives, may we look to Him with trust and confidence and not worry as our human nature would have us to.
Thank You, Lord, for Your love and Your Word!
Some things we go thru seem so huge to us.Then we think about them and they seem to shrink. Then we think well this is to small to really pray about, but with as big of a God as we have what isn't small. I enjoyed reading this it reminded me that our Father likes to take care of us and our small problems. what a blessing.
ReplyDelete