Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Potpourri

Or, maybe randomness. Or smorgashbord. Possibly boredom?

Anyway, here I sit at the hospital with my mom. Been here since 5:30 this morning for her Reverse Shoulder Replacement surgery. It went very well, seemingly routine to the doctors, but this afternoon she's been in extreme pain. She had a nerve block that was not working very well, but is now under control. Thanks to all you who prayed for her. Please continue to pray for a fast and easy recovery.

I miss going to church tonight, but it's for a good cause. A reason and not an excuse. O, I don't mean to sound preachy or anything.

I'm looking forward to Christmas with the family since it's rare that we're ALL
together. As you began to gag, I must say how much I love them all and that they bring me so much joy.

I miss my husband tonight. I feel a little homesick. I REALLY want to go home, but mom kinda wanted me to stay, and there's no reason I can't. She would be lonely all by herself, and I feel that I must cherish this time with her. She will be 86 next month! But the selfishness in me wants to go home.

As I close this random, smorgashbord, potpourri post, I must say how much I thank the Lord for His goodness, care and love for me and my family. I thank Him for watching over mom today, and the health and opportunity I have to be here today.

Have a wonderful day, dear reader!


1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that your mother is now home and doing well. God is so good! We DID miss you at church (it's just not the same without you) but you DID have a good reason. :) We love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete