Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Faithfulness

There are many things in which I believe the Lord would have us to be faithful. These are just a few on my heart this morning. I desire to be faithful...but sometimes I am found lacking...

We need to be faithful to pray and read our Bibles. This CAN be one of the easiest things in which to become slothful. Sometimes it's hard to just set aside a time.....we all have things to do...and I'm one who likes to get a jump on things and "gitter done" LOL

But, over the years, I have found that my day goes much better if I can begin my day with a few minutes reading the Word, and a few minutes in prayer. And, O my, the things we need to pray about! Burdens, yet so much to praise Him for and be grateful for in our lives!

And being faithful to our spouse. Faithful to be that "helpmeet" we were created to be. Faithful  to ...speak with wisdom and kindness...Prov 31:26. 
Faithful to prepare meals he enjoys. Faithful to keep his clothes clean and ready. Faithful to listen and be his best friend....one he can always depend upon. Faithfulness here leads to being faithful in our...

....homes. May we not "eat the bread of idleness". Prov 31:27. Sometimes I find myself being covetous, but realizing this to be sinful, I try to be, and AM so thankful for my home and try to take pride in it by taking care of it and its appearance, for it is what God has provided for us. There's always work to be done in keeping up a home, but sometimes I am guilty of idleness!

We need to be faithful as a church member. Faithful to pray for our Pastor and his family. Faithful to pray for others in the church....as my husband have a young teens SS class, we  need to be faithful to pray for each of them and their families.
We need to be faithful in attendance and faithful to give. 

Our Pastor mentioned "slothfulness" in a message recently.
I don't want to be slothful to read my Bible and pray.
I don't want to be a slothful wife and "keeper at home"
I don't want to be a slothful church member.

God has been so very good to me. He gave His best for me in sending His Son to suffer and die for MY ugly sins. So should I not do MY best for HIM....in EVERY  area of MY life? He expects/requires us to be faithful!

1 comment: