As I was walking this morning, I couldn't help but think on all the evil going on in our country today. I'm thankful to have been born in America...I love our country, but who isn't troubled today.
I'm so thankful to know the Lord. He is my everything!
And I love my family. They are refreshing to me....an oasis.....a blessing.
I'm so thankful our kids love each other. (As they were growing up, I wondered sometimes...ha ha)
We as Christians.....our families, need to draw closer together in these times more than ever. The Bible speaks of "submitting to one another...preferring one another."
None of my families' homes are perfect. All are different in some way. But, I can with assurance say....Christ is the center. I "have no greater joy" in the fact that my kids know the Lord and love Him. And even a greater joy is that they want THEIR kids to know and love the Lord.
So, in the midst of our troubling times, I'm thankful to the Lord for these blessings. They may not mean much to most....but to me, these are the greatest. My refreshment. My oasis. Undeserved blessings from God.
Not sure we "loved" each other growing up either but we sure do now haha So thankful to the Lord for our godly raising although we didn't understand or may not have appreciated it at the time. So thankful now. All I want is Him and that's all I want for my kids. Don't know what we may face. Very scary to think about. That's why I try to just think on Him.
ReplyDelete