Friday, February 3, 2012

Goings On

First of all....enjoying this unusual, beautiful January weather! A lot of rain, but very warm for our winter. I DO love a good snow, but warmer weather is my favorite.

I stay busy sometimes seeing to the needs of my mom....she's right next door. She's 88 now, and has a touch of dementia. She can remember things from long ago, but usually not from last night or even a week or two previous. It's sad. It's hard. I'm just trying to be what she needs and keep her happy. She is becoming more feeble as the weeks go by. She has been a good mom....loves us kids SO much, and she was a good wife to my daddy (he's in Heaven now). She didn't know a lot of Bible, but she got it right. I watched her love him and take care of him as long as she could. She always doted over him.

Sometimes I help Kristan out with some of her 5 boys. She homeschools, and that's quite a job on top of the usual household things to do. I homeschooled also, but at that time I didn't have 2 little ones to care for at the same time. So she has a lot on her plate.

I have the privilege of teaching a couple of them in Sunday School now, and I love it!

I plan to go spend some time with my OH grandkids soon. I miss them SOOO much!

Church has been busy....loving it! We've had 2 missionaries lately. We have a church dinner coming up to honor one of our members who is very ill. Please pray for him and his family.
Valentines Banquet coming up also....fun! Then we have a revival meeting scheduled with Bro. Billy Mitchell, one of my favorite preachers. Then March is youth month. I know...I'm not a youth anymore, but I still get to observe and be blessed:)

And I just love my family. I read these verses this morning in Eph. 5:28,29 "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church". I'm thankful for a husband that loves...even cherishes me. Yeah, I think he really does.

We renewed our wedding vows on our 25th anniversary (this year will be 39), and we left right after for a week. As we left, I said I feel like a princess, and he said "and I feel like a peasant who has found favor with the queen". O my, don't get sick now, but ain't that sweet??
I guess it being Valentines Day soon, I think on these mushy things. But, really, in our marriages, shouldn't we have this attitude ALL the time? Might avoid a lot of problems. As I said on facebook this morning....follow God's instructions...His Word.

And I've said it before, I have the greatest kids! I believe they love the Lord with all their hearts...and there's no greater joy than that. Their spouses do too....I don't worry about them being loved and cared for.

And my grandkids.....yeah, they're really grand!!

Now that I've bored you....well a lot of people would say so. I don't have a career, make money, not famous, but I wouldn't trade my life for any other. I enjoy my home, my family, and my church.

Isaiah 64:8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

No, things aren't always "rosy". We encounter problems too, sometimes, in different areas, but God IS our Father. I pray daily that He will keep His "hedge about us". We need Him so desperately to guide us, and keep us...and bless us. He will....He does!

1 comment:

  1. Very good. Keep counting those blessings! God is so Good!

    ReplyDelete