What IS a secret prayer sister? Those who wish to participate fill out a detailed paper about themselves. Then names are randomly drawn. The one chosen is promised special prayer about the requests they have written first of all, then cards are sent monthly as well as on special occasions and gifts as well.
The banquet is always right before Christmas where we find out who our secret prayer sister was for the year.
We had a devotion...this year by Mrs. Amy Williams.

Lots of yummy things to eat.
Games.... Mrs. Robin is so good at this.

Gifts are given out as we try to guess who our prayer sister was for the year. Some figure it out...others were fooled, as Mrs. Tammy was. (I had her name) (But I didn't guess mine either:)


It's all SO much fun!





(I'm sure I failed to get a shot of everyone and I apologize)
Though tons of fun, the greatest blessing is knowing someone is praying for your requests, especially, for a whole year. It's very special to receive a card from someone who says they're praying for you.
I'm so thankful for all our church ladies.....and our young ladies. I feel that any one of them would do anything for me if were in their power.
I am blessed~
No comments:
Post a Comment