Monday, February 21, 2011



Weekend Getaway...#1

Dale and I decided to use a few of his vacation days this spring to visit things nearby, some being historical places of interest.

When I say "weekend" please note that we will not be including Sundays. Usually once, MAYBE twice a year we include a Sunday night when we go to the beach, but try not to make a habit of missing Sunday church (unless we're visiting Joy and are in church with her on Sunday)

So our first destination was Chattanooga. On Friday before lunch we visited Lookout Mountain where the Civil War "Battle above the clouds" was fought.

Amazing view!

He wanted to bring this home with us:)
Only...I....was brave enough to light it...ha ha!
We rode the incline railway. This is at the top from inside the car.
View from the bottom.



Later that evening, we visited the Chattanooga Choo Choo, an old, historical railroad station turned into a beautiful hotel and restaurant. They still have some original cars as diners and actual hotel rooms.
The next morning we spent some time at the Chicamauga Battlefield.
This is called a "war log"....actual ammunition that hit some trees.

The best part of the trip???My favorite part?????
Just being together!
Don't roll your eyes:)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice getaway. I'm glad yuns got to go ~ Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so fun! That incline is really high!! And... I love your sweater. It looked like such a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete