Thursday, September 2, 2010



Outlaws Or Inlaws?

Seems I'm always talking about the grandkids, or my kids, and fail to mention the ones who love them very often.

So I want to talk about the outlaws... (a little humor there), I mean the inlaws in our family:)

I can never be thankful enough that the ones who love my children also love the Lord...I believe, with all their hearts.

Scott and Jamin....leading their homes in the way of the Lord, we don't have to wonder if they're going to church when the doors are open.....who love our girls and see to their needs....being good daddies to our grandsons.

Becky....the submissive wife, following our son.....seeing to his needs.....loving the Lord.

No, I couldn't be more thankful, and as the song says..."I'm blessed beyond my wildest dreams"

Are we a family without faults and failures??? Absolutely not! But as we have a "good thing going", we must guard against the "wiles of the devil" who could try endlessly to ruin this "good thing". This being one of the reasons, I pray for HIS protective hedge daily.

Thank you, Lord, for ALL Your blessings!

So....my ponderings of the day.
I know....I need some new family shots :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, you do need some more pictures...:) But on a serious note, we (Jonathan, Joy, and I), believe that we have what we have in our homes because of your and Dad's faithfulness and consistency in your walk with the Lord through the years of our childhood. No, none of us are perfect, but we have what is most important in our lives, the Lord Jesus Christ and for that I am eternally grateful. I love you ~ Kristan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that. I'm so glad you and Dad so closely followed the Lord. Nothing else in life could have prepared us to be adults as much as that! And....we do need new family pictures. Thank goodness I'm lighter than I was then!

    ReplyDelete