Friday, January 1, 2010

My Desires

Instead of having New Year's "Resolutions", I decided to share the things that I desire all the time, but thinking on them anew as a new year has begun, seeing my faults and failures of the past year, and hoping to be "better" in every area of my life this year.

I desire to walk closer with my Lord.

I desire to be a better wife-to be the helpmeet my husband needs and wants me to be.

I desire to be the mom and mom-in-law my children need.

I desire to be a better "Mimi" to 7 little boys who watch my life.

I desire to be a better church member and Sunday School teacher, praying more, I want to be a help and a blessing to my church family, not a hindrance to the Holy Spirit.

I desire to be a good daughter and sister to my family.

I desire to be a better "keeper at home".

I plan to read my Bible more, not just to hurry and read, but to learn more.

I'm so thankful for the Lord's blessings on me and my family this year. I'm thankful for His protective hedge, which is my daily prayer. I look forward to my life this year, sometimes apprehensive of storms that may come, but yet striving to trust always.

I'm also thankful for my church-what a precious family, with a great Pastor and family to lead.

So, Happy New Year to us all! And may we just love the Lord and do our best to live and serve in His honor!

No comments:

Post a Comment