Monday, November 2, 2009

SO Thankful

As I was walking this morning, I was SO enjoying the beautiful sunshine and the pretty leaves still hanging on. I was praying all the while, first thanking the Lord for this beauty, then for sight in being able to enjoy it and to be able to read His Word this morning. Sounds spiritual? I'm really not, but that's how it was this morning. But I do try to read and pray every day.

Anyway, as I prayed on, I began to thank Him for SO many things. You've heard them before, but here goes. (Mondays are always great after spending the day before in church.)

I'm thankful that God let me be born in America where the Word has always been readily available to me. So thankful for salvation!

I'm thankful for a husband who loves the Lord and has always tried to lead me and our kids by the Word. And I'm so thankful that he loves me so much and puts up with me-36 years now! He really IS the greatest!

I'm thankful that my children love the Lord and are striving to live for Him-their spouses, too. I couldn't ask for any better. None of us are above falling into sin. That's why I beg God every day to keep His "hedge about us". We need Him so desperately to protect us from the wiles of the devil.

I'm thankful for 7 healthy grandchildren, SO not to be taken for granted. I'm thankful that they are taken to good,solid, Bible-believing churches.

I'm thankful for my church and a Pastor who is faithful to preach and to live the truth along with a wife who is a godly example, raising a daughter to serve Him.

I'm thankful that God answers prayers. Many times in my Christian life. I've asked "Lord, aren't you looking? This is hard!" But through many trials and battles, He was always there, guiding, teaching, comforting. Some things we may never understand, but that's when we need to trust and leave it. I REALLY need to learn this.

As there are some things I pray for every day, and sometimes feel like giving up, I must still ask and trust, for I DO believe He will answer in His time.

So, just pondering today on His goodness. May I be reminded of all these things when my faith wavers, as I allow it to many times. You may hear me say "Why can't I learn?!)

I desire to be a blessing and a help and strength to others~

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the encouraging words! I'm just now reading this and am amazed because I just finished a sort of similar post :) I guess God had us thinking along the same lines this morning Love you!

    ReplyDelete